Thanks for visiting!

Followers

Monday, October 26, 2009

More practice on adjectives.

HOW DID YOU FEEL?

1. Complete the sentences to describe the situations. Use and adjective from the box

frightening surprising relaxing exhausting annoying depressing

1. I heard footsteps in the middle of the night. That’s really OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
2. The bus was full. I had to wait for the next one so I arrived late for work. That’s so OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
3. I saw Andy eating a burger! I thought he was vegetarian. That’s very OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
4. I was lying on the beach in the sun all day yesterday. How OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
5. On my holiday it rained every day. That’s just so OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
6. I ran my first full marathon on Sunday. How OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

2. Imagine you were in the situations. How would you feel?
Example: 1. I was really frightened

-ing and –ed ADJECTIVES
1. –ing adjectives describe a situation, person or thing: an interesting life, a boring weekend…
2. –ed adjectives describe how people feel: I´m very interested in modern art. We were bored…
3. Complete the sentences. Use one of these adjectives:
Shock- disappoint-
Bor- -ed frighten- -ed
Excit- -ing annoy- -ing
Confus- fascinate-

1. A: I watched a horror film last night. B: Were you OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?
2. A: I spent four hours round the museum. B: Oh no! was it OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO? A: Actually it was OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
3. A: Did you see the way she behaved? B: Yes, it was 00000000000000000000. Don’t invite her next time.
4. I had a second interview but I didn’t get the job. I’m so OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
5. The teacher was very OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO because all the students were late.
6. My daughter is very OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO because it’s her birthday tomorrow.
7. I don’t know how this camera works. The instructions are really 000000000000000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you think you will keep on using our blog?